Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Visual Communication Score

The visual research board about my activity poster. My activity was internet dating. I made a list of words after making visual research board of words or phrases that might be associated with my activity score. Some of my words/phrases were: impressions, connections, intentions, chemistry communicating, looking for, meeting, interacting and expectations.







This is a thumbnail of a basic layout for my activity poster. Incorporating created pictographs I wanted to kind of tell a story with my poster. One view would be male the other female. Both views coming from opposing sides of the poster meeting in the middle. The views would be activites the persons activites they came across in thier internet dating pursuits. The male's activities would be more list like: driving to pick up date, knocking on date's front door, etc... The female's activites would be more emotionally based: talking to date, being excited over recieving texts. But there would also be activities that both of them would be thinking about and the difference in views would be how certain activites were viewed by that person. Such as, the female thinks of dancing for a date activity but in a somewhat formal setting, gazing lovingly into her dates eyes. The male's version of dancing would be more of the dance club, dirtier variety.
















 This was rough of my score. Definately needed a lot of work










After getting some good critiques from classmates I made some needed changes in my poster. This is some of the critiques, suggestions, and ideas for my activity poster we came up with.

Based on this I dramatically changed my poster, with the pictographs recieving more heirarchy and the altogether layout of the poster being closer to my male/female dating viewpoints story. With the pictographs(some of them newly created at this point)I had them coming from the opposite sides of the poster along with imagery. Where they converged in the middle I tried to create a typical heart shape, expressing the overall goal of many online daters, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment